Names are one of the things that help us know what something is and to differentiate it from the rest of the things lying about. Everything we have discovered from elements to animals and everything we will discover will always be granted a name to avoid confusion from something else. As for two things that are completely different like for example a cactus and a jet plane, names are still necessary for identifying the two objects although you can already tell the difference even without the use of names. However, for similar things like a burger and a cheeseburger, those two things have been given two different names not only because they are two different things, but also because they are two very similar things as well. When you buy a property, you’ll probably want to install signage outside of your home as well.
For the things that we own, we tend to label their storage. Labels are the name of an object printed on a piece of paper and stuck to the object to help the person handling the object know what it is. The importance of labels does not just stack up to our storage boxes, but they are called different things, such as signs or tags. The names of major things like buildings need to be visible on sight of anyone that looks at it because not everyone can tell which building is by its color, but everyone can tell what building something is if they see the name of the building. The process of putting the name of a building outside of it in any style is called building signage Malaysia. In Singapore, you’ll see many building signages as well.
Building signage Malaysia, in a nutshell, is sort of labeling a building but in a more creative way. Notice how all business buildings whether it be a restaurant or a company, has its name slapped onto the side of the building where it can most be seen. This is not only for helping people identify it, but also compel them to go to the building if they have not been to it yet or if they’re not doing anything. Nowadays, businesses are looking more into digital signages. A signage company such as MY Sign are experts in creating building signages, namely digital signages.
If you have no clue what digital signages are all about, you can take a look at the video below:
It happens because not only the name is slapped onto the building, but the name is in a sort of design to attract customers or clients depending on the building. Other purposes and/or advantages of building signage include:
* Allowing the mild advertisement of a business
* Showing the building’s difference from other buildings around it, kind of like how you can tell a box’s contents is different from the others because the use of its label
* Anyone will be able to find the building the second they see its building sign or name on the building
Overall, building signage is a great way for a business’ name to reach out there and catch the attention of some people who happen to see the name of the building. It also eventually become the pride of a restaurant or a corporation because the name of a building is one of the deciding factors if the business will become successful or not.
As we grow, we start to think on how to earn money, so we start to have businesses, but for those businesses to become known to other people, you need a sign for it, but a simple sign won’t do so what you need is a higher and fascinating design, the thing you need is sign design. Sign design is way to enhance your signs; they make your signage more fascinating to look. Sometimes people use this as a way of advertising some products and company, making names for their stores, for product labeling. By the use of this thing, people will remember the products, the companies, and the stores being put in the sign. So here are some tips that may be able to help you in designing your signage.
Tips When Designing Your Signage
1. Think about the location
* Think about the location because what if the client is not living in the same place as yours, if the client wants his/her sign to be posted outside, people who see it might not understand what is given or what is being put in the sign.
2. Think about the Color and Graphics
* Think about the appropriate graphics and color, what if the client wants his/her to be all about zoos and then the graphic you put is buildings. If the client’s topic is all about nature, so obviously the color you must put is green, and then the color you put is black. Avoid light colors or pastels, people seeing that signage might not understand what is being put in the signage.
3. Simple formatting and message
* People nowadays, like it simple, simple but exactly right to the point. Even though it has a simple message as long as it is all about helping other people, and as long as it is exactly right to the point.
* Contrast is a very useful thing in designing signage when you are in a vehicle and then you are driving at higher speed, then you saw signage saying lower your speed, how are you able to see if you’re driving it at high speed? It is because of the contrast. There are colors you should pair: Black and white, Black and yellow, Blue and white, Blue and yellow, Green and white, Red and white, Red and yellow. These colors can help distinguished what is being put inside the signage.
If you are given a design in which you do not know anything about it, feel free to ask anyone so that it can guide you on the signage that you are going to make. Sign design is simple; it needs to have high contrast be easy to read, visible from long distances and catch peoples’ attention in a matter of seconds.
Indeed, signages are quite important, not just for businesses actually but for everyone. Government facilities for one need to put up a kind of signage to their offices or buildings for that matter to ensure that the public will be guided accordingly. Without the signage or the label, locating an office will surely become a struggle.